September 25, 2013

update

I really ought to update my blog more often.

Well, in case anyone is still in the dark on this, I've put all writing on hold. I decided that I wasn't in a good brainspace to edit The Wizard's Heart to the best of my ability. This was about two months ago. I don't regret the decision. Trying to work on The Wizard's Heart was needlessly stressing me out to the point that it was affecting my health and overall well-being. So I put the book aside with plans to pick it up again after my baby is born. My brain just wasn't where it needed to be in order to do the book justice.

It was a very frustrating decision, because I hate hate hate pushing my deadlines back yet again. For the entire month of July, and the latter part of June, I fought with the book and my brain, forcing myself to work on the novel with the hopes of having it ready for publication before the baby is born, but any progress I made wasn't really good progress. It was progress for progress' sake, not actual improvement. I wasn't willing to admit that it wasn't ready to be published, not by a long shot. It still needs at least two more rounds of major editing before it will be at that point, and it took stepping away from the novel for two months to really see that.

Hopefully, once I've found some semblance of order after the baby is born, I'll be able to work on it again and have it out for publication sometime next year. I just want to make sure that the book I release is the best book that it can be, a book that you will love as much as I do.

And, of course, as a result, the sequel to The Clockwork Giant will be pushed back again. I really want to have it out by the end of next year, and I think that's perfectly doable, but we'll see.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has been so supportive of my books and my writing, even with all the disappointing delays, and thanks for understandingor trying to understandhow difficult it is to write, edit, and publish a book.

Here, have a picture of my husband, me (and my growing belly), and my dog K.K. at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival:


1 comment:

  1. titanium easy flux 125 amp welder
    The top-tier titanium dental quality titanium oxide oxide is the titanium exhaust perfect balance of titanium stronger than steel quality and heat. It has a great head, titanium damascus knives great finish and a titanium phone case solid stainless steel handle.

    ReplyDelete