February 17, 2012

you know, stuff

It’s been a long week. I didn’t get a single word written on The Chroniker Legacy, and even though I did a bit of brainstorming for another project, I’m not so sure it’s something I want to write. Seemed like a good idea a few weeks ago, but after trying to flesh it out a bit, it’s not nearly as cool as I thought. It happens. We just have to move on to the next idea.

So the reason for the lack of writing is because I’ve been staying with my dad since Monday, helping him with a dance studio photo shoot. Between that, doing these blog posts, visiting family, and finding time to sleep, I just haven’t had the time or motivation to write. This week has definitely taken its toll on my creativity. For that reason, this blog post is likely to be rather short. I really just can’t think of what to say, so if I ramble a bit, just, you know, go with it.

After this week, I don’t think I like working—like, legitimate, dealing with customers work. I prefer the solitariness of writing. Just me and my computer and the words. Being around so many people drains me. My limit is like five people. Ten at most, and only sparingly. I firmly believe that everything should be taken in moderation, and that includes people.

Maybe I’m a hermit. I’ll admit that. Eventually, I’ll be the crazy writer who never leaves the house except at the full moon, and only if it rained the day before, wearing my fuzzy house slippers, leggings, and a baggy grandma sweater. Hopefully, I can stay socially sane for a few more years.

Now that were a little past the midway point of February, I think I’m doing pretty good on sales for this month. I’ve almost caught up with January, and the month isn’t over yet. That’s a good sign. I’d really like an increase in sales from month to month. That’s the idea anyway. And even if I don’t sell any more books this month, I did make a bit of money working the photo shoot, probably more than I’ll make on sales for a few months. Not that we really need the extra money, but I can use it to buy some more markers for my art hobby, and maybe a few books.

That said, I haven’t read anything in a while, not since I finished Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George. I’m having a hard time deciding what story I want to read next. I’m really not sure what genre I want to read. Anything goes at this point. Though, now that I think about it, I really really want to read The Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed. However, the ebook is over ten dollars, and I just can’t bring myself to spend that much money on an ebook. I’d rather spring for the hardcover and spend a little bit more. Weird how that works. I’ll probably wait until the price drops in a few months before I read it. But that brings me back to not having a book to read. Any recommendations? I’m up for nearly any genre.

In yet other rambling news, I bought some new clothes this week. Since I lost all that weight, I can now fit into a size smaller than before, which is awesome. I used up the fifty-dollar Kohl’s gift card that my dad gave me for Christmas and bought two pairs of skinny jeans and a plum cardigan for the spring. I also bought several shirts from Walmart—I’m a cheapster—two thermals, two turtlenecks, two nicer long sleeve shirts with pretty flower designs, and one navy blue peasant top. I shouldn’t need to buy any more clothes until the summer, and even then, I’ll really only need some short shorts—something above the knee at least. Don’t expect daisy dukes or anything.

And one more thing. I got an excellent review from someone I met through Google+. 

Other than that, there’s not much going on in Brookeville. I had a Belgian waffle for breakfast, so there’s that.

3 comments:

  1. Have you read the Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon? I highly recommend them, and the ebooks aren't that pricey. However, they're long and you might just get addicted to the series like I did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second the idea of Diana Gabaldon books. I just read a new author book called "South of Bixby Bridge" that was good. If you get really desperate, I will send you a copy of my book for Kindle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to check her out then. Thanks ladies! :D

      Delete