1. What is the working title of your book? The Wizard’s Heart.
2. Where did the idea come from for the book? I think it’s an idea that has been culminating and brewing for a long time. I’ve always loved Ancient Persia (on which this book is loosely based), and I always wanted to write a story that takes place there. I tried writing the book once, when I was in college, but it didn’t work out, so now I’m trying again.
3. What genre does your book fall under? Most definitely fantasy.
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? To keep the list short, I’ve only included main characters, and this list is based entirely on appearance.
Shadiya (main character): Tania Raymonde
Qasim (Shadiya’s father): Rufus Sewell
Morvarid (evil witch): Cate Blanchett
Asad (the witch’s thrall): Garrett Hedlund
Babak (Shadiya’s companion): K.K. my dog
Egil (Asad’s brother): Luke Benward
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? I would like to traditionally publish this one, but if things don’t work out, I have no issue with self-publishing it.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? Still working on it. Hopefully, the first draft will be at least 90,000 words, complete within four months total.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I’m not good a comparing books, but it’s very Prince of Persia.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? There is, of course, magic abound—spells, wizard battles, curses, creatures, and of course, a magical MacGuffin.
10. Tag! I’ll let you tag yourself. If you feel like answering the questions, go for it :)