November 9, 2010

blogging block

I’ve been doing a good job of keeping a semblance of writing advice flowing through this blog, even if some of my posts are a bit strange and follow odd tangents. As of late, my cup runneth dry. I’m struggling to come up with helpful writing advice, and I managed to stare at a blank page for nearly an hour just now.

So, this is me pleading for your help.

HELP!

What do you want me to blog about? I may not be published, and I’m definitely no expert on the publishing industry or landing a dream agent. However, I do want to help my fellow writer. I started this blog to reach out to the writing community and lend a hand to those of you in need of writerly advice, to make friends with those of you that I am insanely jealous of, and to share my writing journey in the making. I want to keep this blog going, and I want it to be an enjoyable experience all around.

So, friends and cohorts, tell me what you want me to write about. What do you want to know? What are you curious about?

4 comments:

  1. What do you find is the greatest issue that you discover upon revising, and how does that affect the way that you write first drafts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about different ways to fend off people that think being an English Writing graduate is something that is a bit shameful and useless?

    Damn them! I bet they never had as much fun as me during their four years of schooling!

    Anyways, I haven't been around your blog long enough to offer the most helpful advice. I'll have to read some archives and get an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try fending while carrying a degree in Creative Writing... Any ideas are welcome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, I like! How about all the many useful things that you can do with a writing degree of any sort? Let creativity reign!

    ReplyDelete