November 24, 2010

flying pigs and roast turkey

Seeing as the Thanksgiving holidays have begun stateside, we’ll continue our normal programming next week, continuing with the archetypes series.

As you know, I would usually post a tidbit of Wednesday wisdom today, but I’ve decided to dedicate this post to my newly formed literary journal instead.

Hogglepot has risen from the grave at last.

For those of you that don’t know, I was the editor of my university’s literary journal Nebo, and I really enjoyed it, enough to start a journal of my own. Six months ago, I started working on all the necessary things: building a website, coming up with a name and submission guidelines, and nagging my husband to code it all. Then it died. I didn’t want it to die. I wanted it to thrive and frolic in sunny fields with flowers in its hair. Well, last night, my husband and I committed to bringing it back from the dead, and we were successful.
 
Hogglepot is a weekly fantasy journal, currently accepting submissions. If we receive enough submissions by January, we will begin posting the first week of the new year. One story a week. That’s where you come in. We need submissions! I know a lot of you are more of the novel-type, but I’m sure you’ve got some short fiction lying around somewhere!

Our submission guidelines are located on our website.

We also have a listing at Dutotrope’s Digest.
 
If you aren’t the fantasy-type but know someone who is, please spread the news. There is a permanent link to the website in the sidebar of my blog; just find the pig.

The lovely flying pig is Hogglepot’s mascot, who you can follow on Twitter for journal news @thehogglepotpig, or you can “Like” the Hogglepot Page on Facebook.

I hope to see some familiar names in my inbox soon!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I’ll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment