November 23, 2011

what i'm thankful for

When I got out of bed this morning, I was just going to do a simple post, wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. But, instead, I’m going to share with you what I’m thankful for. I think it’s good to look at your life and single out everything that’s good about it, rather than everything bad, like we so often do. I have plenty to be thankful for, and though my life isn’t perfect and there are a few dark spots, I’m still happy.

So, I am thankful for…


My husband, who is so supportive of my writing career, and who puts up with my melodrama and super emotional disposition. He makes me laugh daily, and I smile when I think of him. If there is a such thing as fate, I believe with my whole heart that we were made for each other.

thought going through my head: This is too silly.
What if I land on my dress and tear it?
Gah, Aaron already jumped. Okay then.
But I'm not happy about it.

My dog K.K. I think I would laugh a lot less if I didn’t have him, and I’d feel so very alone in the house when my husband is at work.

My grandmother, who nurtured my creativity when I was a child. I hope that when I’m a grandmother, I’ll be just as loving, funny, and ageless as she is, and I hope I can inspire someone the same way she inspires me.

My best friend Shandi. Without her, I would most definitely never leave my house. She’s funny and great listener, and I honestly don’t know if my emotional state would survive some things without her support. I love her like a sister.

me and Shandi at the renaissance faire this past May

My husband’s job, which allows me to sit at home and write. That’s nice.

Microsoft Word. I would be a lot less productive using any other software, or lack thereof.

My blog followers, for commenting on my posts, for reading my posts.

The internet. I’ve met so many amazing people through Twitter and my blog, who I never would have met if it weren’t for this enormous network we take for granted.

Modern medicine. Without it, I would be much worse off health-wise.

And lastly, my brain. For being so amazing. It just blows me away how I can create an entire city in my head, down to the tiniest detail, all entirely fictional. Worlds exist in my head. And I think every writer and artist has the vastness of an entire universe tightly compacted in their brain. It’s only a matter of letting it free so that other people can experience it too.

So, whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

I hope you all have a good holiday. I won’t be posting on Friday, since that’s family time, so I’ll see you all on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for your brain, too. It can be quite amusing at times. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list, Brooke. I am enjoying your book - according to Kindle, I am 32% done with it. Everything is described in perfect detail to put the pictures in my head. Nice characters also well described make it a very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Thanksgiving! All very good things to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete